DSOGaming writes: 'MachineGames has just released the first beta patch for Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus. According to the release notes, this beta patch restores the Steam overlay functionalities, and adds driver version detection and dialog. Furthermore, this beta patch re-enables Async compute. Wolfenstein II Async Compute. All we can do is explore how it is right now, as is, today, playing the game. It is noteworthy that the latest patch does say specifically: 'Async compute temporarily disabled until driver fix available.' But that could be just for NVIDIA GPUs, and not for AMD GPUs. Download Wolfenstein II The New Colossus Update 1-CODEX UPDATE 1 - CODEX - DIRECT LINK - TORRENT Wolfenstein® II: The New Colossus™ is the highly anticipated sequel to the critically acclaimed, Wolfenstein®. - Re-enabled Async compute for AMD users - Temporarily disabled Async compute on 1080ti until driver fix is in - Re-enabled Steam. Requires progression to Chapter 2.-Leaderboard functionality.-Compete with your friends for the highest score! PC Fixes-Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus patch 1.02 improved stability on NVIDIA 10-series GPUs.-Async compute temporarily disabled until driver fix available. C: Users Username Saved Games MachineGames Wolfenstein II The New Colossus base Wolfenstein II The New ColossusConfig.local. 3) Close down all the applications running in the background. 4) If you have a supported i5 or i7 CPU, exit the title, disable igpu before playing. 5) Restart your computer, and re-open your game to play.
Since its launch last week Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus has given us much to think about via Samuel's review, the seven things Austin wished he knew before jumping in, and this GIF-tastic gallery of Nazi slaughter.
Now, MachineGames and Bethesda have rolled out a beta hotfix patch that fixes Steam overlay and re-enables Async compute for AMD players, so long as they're using the latest drivers. Most crucial for players in Japan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia—an issue affecting file deployment has been resolved.
Here's the patch notes in full:
- Resolved an issue affecting the deployment of full game files in Japan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia.
- Re-enabled Async compute for AMD users (requires AMD driver version 17.10.3).
- Temporarily disabled Async compute on 1080ti until driver fix is in.
- Re-enabled Steam Overlay.
- Added driver version detection and dialogue.
Wolfenstein Ii Async Compute Patch Download Pc
MachineGames advises those interested in the above to install the patch via the Steam public beta branch, and by right clicking the game via your Steam library. Select 'betas' from there and then public beta thereafter.
Last week, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus dropped a modest patch that re-enabled Steam overlay and sorted distribution issues in a number of regions. Today, the alternate timeline shooter has launched its first major update—that comes with a new DLC episode, ten new combat simulations, and a number of stability fixes, among other things.
Live now, the patch activates the Vault option which was previously locked in the game's menu. Within, players will now find ten new so-called 'combat simulations' that can be accessed following Chapter 2. 'You can replay these missions anytime from the menu option,' reads this Steam community update, 'or in a room on Evas Hammer in the game.'
What Is Async Compute
Furthermore, The Freedom Chronicles DLC prequel chapter—named Episode Zero—is now available for those players who pre-ordered, as well as Season Pass holders who redeemed codes.
As for PC-exclusive fixes, the new update hits stability across Windows 10 and Nvidia GPUs, as well as a handful of tweaks and adjustments as outlined here:
- Improved stability on NVIDIA 10-series GPUs.
- Async compute temporarily disabled until driver fix available.
- Forced driver update on driver detect warning message can now be manually bypassed.
- Improved Win 10 stability on supported NVIDIA GPUs when launching at any resolution other than 4K when DPI scaling is set to 175 percent 4K monitor.
- Improved Win 10 stability on supported NVIDIA GPUs when resolution is changed to 4K while DPI scaling is set to 125 percent or 150 percent.
- Fixed “zoomed in brightness menu” issue on 4K monitors (when DPI scaling was set to greater than 100 percent).
- Skybox fixes.
If you've played Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus already, you may like to check out what we thought of its big twist and its dark vision of Nazi America. If you'd rather some less spoiler-heavy, check out Samuel's review.