Many players of Runes of Magic, including myself, have problems with the games automatic patcher.
Gameforge recently removed all manual download links from their forums and so I am now posting this webpage to help others that have the same issue.
Here, you will find Patch links and Client links, but please make sure you read my warnings so that you may avoid potential issues. (The RoM installer and patcher seems far more vulnerable to mistakenly being blocked by various security software. Avast & Symantec are the two I see reported most.)
Runes of magic patch list in game description Heroes of Might and Magic III HoMM 3 HD mod 2.98f Multi-Resolution patch, HoMM3 High Resolution Project) is an addon pack for Heroes of Might and magic 3 that changes game resolution to any from 800x600 to 4000. Download Runes of Magic - Manual Patch v2.0.1790 to v2.0.1791. Youtubers Life. Get your favorite videos up online with ease for the entire world to see in color. Download Runes of Magic - Manual Patch v2.0.1790 to v2.0.1791. Youtubers Life. Get your favorite videos up online with ease for the entire world to see in color. Runes Of Magic Manual Patch Studio Read/Download Only here all information fl studio producer edition 1103 finall inc patch without registration. Maestia Rise of Keledus Screenshots TOP Games Runes of Magic Play Runes of Magic Sablinov Or open it manually with your Registry Editor. You need to unpack them from a zip file again and replace. 2/22/18 - Patch 126.96.36.19924 - Sun Temple of Eternal Sleep is open! 2/16-2/18 - Taborean Academy XP boost from quests and mobs 2/6/18 - Patch 188.8.131.5223 - Flower Festival begins, new Mirrorworld instances and Cenedrils.
Before we get to the links, let's try to avoid problems that often occur time and again:
- Always make sure you have a decent amount of free hard disk space on your C: drive, or wherever the windows %Temp% folder is located. (Unless you moved it manually, and you'd know, it will be on your C: drive.) The best situation is to aim to always keep 10% of your hard disk free for use by Windows or other software. (The patcher will not even start if you have 3Gb or less available.)
- Disable your anti-virus & security software before you patch & re-enable it afterwards. You may wish to run a virus scan at this stage since you've had your software disabled. If you are unsure about leaving your computer unsecured on the internet, download the patches you need, disconnect from the web & disable the security software and execute each patch file manually. Then re-enable your software before reconnecting to the web. The disabling of security software at this stage will avoid many possible patch errors, such as corrupted textures & failed removal of expired in-game Festivals.
- Updates must be installed in sequence from the bottom of the list to the top. You can check your current version of the game from the bottom right of the launcher or from the version.txt file in the game installation folder. If you skip a patch file, you can damage your game installation necessitating a complete re-install.
- You must install every patch between your current version and the latest version available.
The following links are provided along with Patch Notes (where applicable) and mirrors.
- 18/07/2017 // Patch for 184.108.40.20606 to 220.127.116.1107 (401 Mb) // Patch Notes: 18.104.22.16807 - Colorweave Festival // (Filefactory Mirror)
- 18/07/2017 // Patch for 22.214.171.12405 to 126.96.36.19906 (188 Mb) // Patch Notes: See Above // (Filefactory Mirror)
- 22/06/2017 // Patch for 188.8.131.5204 to 184.108.40.20605 (411 Mb) // Patch Notes: 220.127.116.1105 - Crafting Festival // (Filefactory Mirror)
- 09/05/2017 // Patch for 18.104.22.16802 to 22.214.171.12404 (430 Mb) // Patch Notes: 126.96.36.19904 - Music Festival // (Filefactory Mirror)
- 04/04/2017 // Patch for 188.8.131.5201 to 184.108.40.20602 (138 Mb) // Patch Notes: 220.127.116.1102 - Spring Rain Festival // (Filefactory Mirror)
- 28/03/2017 // Patch for 18.104.22.16800 to 22.214.171.12401 (459 Mb) // Patch Notes: 7.1 - Chapter VII - Korris // (Filefactory Mirror)
Having seen how much trouble the GameforgeLive downloader appears to give some people, the manual download links (with mirrors) are provided to try giving some folks a little bit of help downloading and installing the game.
I would ask that you try using 1 or 2 of the Filefactory mirror links as the download from there will help me out a little in keeping those links alive and them not being deleted. (Those files took ages to upload.)
Signing up for the Free account at the site will give a slightly faster download also. (Of course, if you want an even faster download, the paid account gets' you their top speeds.)
You must download all twelve *.BIN files and the *.EXE file to the same folder.
Disable your firewall, anti-virus and other security softwares to prevent disruption and/or corruption during install.
- ROMSetup.exe (668Kb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
- ROMSetup-1.bin (1Gb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
- ROMSetup-2.bin (1Gb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
- ROMSetup-3.bin (1Gb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
- ROMSetup-4.bin (1Gb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
- ROMSetup-5.bin (1Gb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
- ROMSetup-6.bin (1Gb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
- ROMSetup-7.bin (1Gb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
- ROMSetup-8.bin (1Gb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
- ROMSetup-9.bin (1Gb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
- ROMSetup-10.bin (1Gb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
- ROMSetup-11.bin (1Gb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
- ROMSetup-12.bin (511Mb) // (Filefactory Mirror)
As of this release of the RoM client installer, Gameforge have included a 'check' to ensure that it is being run from within GameforgeLive.
With some assistance from 2 players in the German community, we eliminated command-line switches and a file/folder check, leaving us to investigate a registry check.
We found the registry keys that the ROMSetup.exe looks for and have packaged them into a wee file you can double-click to add to your own registry. (32-bit Windows, click here.)
Either that or you will need to install GameforgeLive to allow the installer to run.
Should you want to remove the registry additions later, here is what's added on 64-bit systems:
...and here's what's added on a 32-bit system:
This is merely a labour of love for a game I enjoy playing and a continuation of the efforts made by myself, Inferiority Complex, at the Runes of Magic EU and US forums. Please send me a PM there (EU/US) if you have any problems with the download and I will try to assist you, or point you to where you might get proper assistance.
This site is in no way endorsed by Gameforge.com, its employees, nor any of the Runes of Magic Community Teams.
Compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000
Overview of Runes of Magic.exe
What Is Runes of Magic.exe?
Runes Of Magic Download
Runes of Magic.exe is a type of EXE file associated with Third-Party Software developed by Gameforge Productions Gmbh for the Windows Operating System. The latest known version of Runes of Magic.exe is 126.96.36.199, which was produced for Windows. This EXE file carries a popularity rating of 1 stars and a security rating of 'UNKNOWN'.
What Are EXE Files?
EXE ('executable') files, such as Runes of Magic.exe, are files that contain step-by-step instructions that a computer follows to carry out a function. When you 'double-click' an EXE file, your computer automatically executes these instructions designed by a software developer (eg. Gameforge Productions Gmbh) to run a program (eg. Third-Party Software) on your PC.
Every software application on your PC uses an executable file - your web browser, word processor, spreadsheet program, etc. - making it one of the most useful kinds of files in the Windows operating system. Without executable files like Runes of Magic.exe, you wouldn't be able to use any programs on your PC.
Why Do I Have EXE Errors?
Because of their usefulness and ubiquity, EXE files are commonly used as a method of delivery for virus / malware infection. Often, viruses will be disguised as a benign EXE file (such as Runes of Magic.exe) and distributed through SPAM email or malicious websites, which can then infect your computer when executed (eg. when you double-click the EXE file).
In addition, viruses can infect, replace, or corrupt existing EXE files, which can then lead to error messages when Third-Party Software or related programs are executed. Thus, any executable files that you download to your PC should be scanned for viruses before opening - even if you think it is from a reputable source.
When Do EXE Errors Occur?
EXE errors, such as those associated with Runes of Magic.exe, most often occur during computer startup, program startup, or while trying to use a specific function in your program (eg. printing).
Common Runes of Magic.exe Error Messages
The most common Runes of Magic.exe errors that can appear on a Windows-based computer are:
- 'Runes of Magic.exe Application Error.'
- 'Runes of Magic.exe is not a valid Win32 application.'
- 'Runes of Magic.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.'
- 'Cannot find Runes of Magic.exe.'
- 'Runes of Magic.exe not found.'
- 'Error starting program: Runes of Magic.exe.'
- 'Runes of Magic.exe is not running.'
- 'Runes of Magic.exe failed.'
- 'Faulting Application Path: Runes of Magic.exe.'
These EXE error messages can appear during program installation, while a Runes of Magic.exe-related software program (eg. Third-Party Software) is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your Runes of Magic.exe error occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.