Mozilla Firefox is a cross-platform product, so the functionality is migrated not only to another OS from Windows generation, but also to another systems (Mac OS, Linux, Android, iOS). Simply download Mozilla Firefox for Windows 10 for free and check out the powerful functionality of the app for yourself. You can download Firefox 62.0.2 for Mac from our application library for free. The most popular versions of the tool are 36.0, 35.0 and 34.0. Firefox for Mac lies. Download Firefox Focus for PC, Windows 10 And Mac 1 (20%) 1 vote Firefox Focus for PC Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP/Vista and Mac Laptop: The new Firefox Focus is made by Mozilla and help user to block unwanted ads and wide range of common web trackers automatically.
This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
- If you are updating from a previous version of Firefox, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Apple Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Click the green download button to download Firefox.
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, select the 'Download in another language' link under the download button instead.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) should open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox Icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
- Note: If you do not see this window, click the Firefox.dmg file that you downloaded to open it.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, hold down the control key while clicking in the window and select Eject 'Firefox' from the menu.
- You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
- Firefox is now ready for use. Just click on its icon in the dock to start it.
When you first start up Firefox, you will be warned that you downloaded Firefox from the Internet. Because you download Firefox from the official site, you can click .
Also, Firefox will not be your default browser and you'll be told about that. That means that when you open a link in your mail application, an Internet shortcut, or HTML document, it will not open in Firefox. If you want Firefox to do those things, click to set it as your default browser. If not or you are just trying out Firefox, click .
Managing Browser Add-Ons In Mozilla Firefox
Download Firefox For Mac 10.7.5
Mozilla Firefox is a fast, light and tidy open source web browser. At its public launch in 2004 Mozilla Firefox was the first browser to challenge Microsoft Internet Explorer’s dominance. Since then, Mozilla Firefox has consistently featured in the top 3 most popular browsers globally. The key features that have made Mozilla Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities. The browser is particularly popular with developers thanks to its open source development and active community of advanced users.
Mozilla put of a lot of resources into creating a simple but effective UI aimed at making browsing quicker and easier. They created the tab structure that has been adopted by most other browsers. In recent years Mozilla has also focused on maximizing browsing area by simplifying toolbar controls to just a Mozilla Firefox button (which contains settings and options) and back/forward buttons. The URL box features direct Google searching as well as an auto predict/history feature called Awesome Bar. On the right side of the URL box there are bookmarking, history and refresh buttons. To the right of the URL box is a search box which allows you to customize your search engine options. Outside of that a view button controls what you see below the URL. Next to that you have the download history and home buttons.
Mac 10.10 Update Download
Mozilla Firefox was the first browser to introduce a private browsing feature which allows you to use the internet more anonymously and securely. History, searches, passwords, downloads, cookies and cached content are all removed on shutdown. Minimizing the chances of another user stealing your identity or finding confidential information. Content security, anti-phishing technology and antivirus/antimalware integration ensures your browsing experience is as safe as possible.
Personalisation & Development
Firefox Download For Mac 10.6
One of the best features of the Mozilla Firefox UI is customization. Simply right click on the navigation toolbar to customize individual components or just drag and drop items you want to move around. The inbuilt Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Manager allows you to discover and install add-ons within the browser as well as view ratings, recommendations and descriptions. Read more about the top recommended add-ons for Mozilla Firefox. Thousands of customizable themes allow you to customize the look and feel of your browser. Site authors and developers can create advanced content and applications using Mozilla’s open source platform and enhanced API.
Check out our guide to alternative browsers if you're looking for something a little different.
Please note: from version 53.0 onward Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported.